Sunday, May 22, 2011

My first sample quilt

I've been spending the last couple of days working on my first sample quilt for The West Seattle Fabric Company. The pattern we picked out is called Mod Tweet. I'm really not good at applique, but it didn't look complicated so I decided to give it a shot.

I chose to use a raw edge applique since that's the only method I know. I think it's turning out pretty well.


I really love how the more masculine fabrics give the quilt such a different look. When we first chose the pattern and fabrics, I liked them, but wasn't crazy about them. Now I absolutely love this quilt! I guess that's the point of having samples in a shop, eh? I'm loving this job already because it's pushing me to use patterns and/or fabrics that I wouldn't normally choose for myself (although, I did manage to get a bit of Sunkissed in there... so sneaky. Heehee.)

Alright, back to quilting. If everything goes as planned - which it rarely ever does - I'll be binding this baby tomorrow!

Selina

1 comment: