Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cross Everything!!!

Okay folks. You probably don't know this but I have been looking for decent job for quite some time. I have applied all kinds of places and haven't heard a word from any of them. At the moment I am working at a fast food restaurant. Have I mentioned that I am a 31 year old woman?!?! Working with teenage girls all day can really start to grate on a woman's nerves after, oh, 5 minutes or so.

The other day Lizze told me that The West Seattle Fabric Company posted a note on Facebook saying that they are looking for sample quilt makers. West Seattle is quite a drive for me as I live about 30 miles south of there. Working there would really be impractical for me, especially with the price of gas being what it is right now. I just sent an e-mail to the owner asking if this would be a position that she would consider allowing someone to do from home. I know it's a long shot, but it would be such a great opportunity. I really hope that she doesn't shoot me down!

So here's hoping. Please cross all your fingers and toes (and anything else that can be crossed) for me! I'll post an update once I hear back. In the meantime, I'll just be sitting here biting my nails...

Selina

3 comments:

  1. What about splitting the home and in office time? I wish you LUCK!!! How exciting!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVERY crossable thing is crossed over here!! Good luck lady!!

    ReplyDelete