Thursday, November 10, 2011

Something New

Many of you don't know that I am a pattern hoarder. It's true. I have a pattern for nearly everything. It wouldn't be so bad if I actually used them though. Tonight I was determined that I would find a pattern, cut it up, and make something new and I did just that. Now, although I am proud that I actually used one of many patterns, I was also reminded why I never do. The pattern I chose was for a small zipper pouch. It took me three hours to make it. Three hours. And it's nowhere near perfect. The instructions were difficult to follow and I know there MUST be an easier way to make this thing.


Here's the finished product. I used grey linen and some little scraps of Terrain. It did turn out pretty cute, but I will probably never make another one unless I figure out a simpler way to do it.

I have had a couple of custom orders recently which I think is awesome! The iPad cases I have been making lately are perfect for custom orders since it is so easy for me to change the size to accommodate any tablet, laptop, or reader such as a Nook or Kindle.


This one fits a MacBook


And this one was for a Dell Netbook

Last, but certainly not least, is my Misfit hoop. I have been promising to share pictures when my partner got it, and she did. I made this hoop for Amanda. She loves gnomes so when I found this pattern I thought it was perfect. 


I also made her a hoop bag to go with it. She is always doing so much for other people so I thought she deserved something extra. I have yet to receive a hoop, but when I do I'll be sure to post plenty of photos!

1 comment:

  1. This is an adorable bag.

    Can I ask what pattern you used? I use the zippy stripy bag pattern from Atkinson Design. I find that Atkinson patterns are written very well, probably the best I have seen for bags. Once you make one you will get the hang of it and be able to customize the size.
    And for the zipper, they are really easy. I'll be doing a tutorial on adding zippers without using a zipper foot.
    Don't give up on bags, we will get you thru this!

    ReplyDelete