Sunday, November 13, 2011

Craft Fair

Yesterday I participated in my first craft fair. I'm not sure what I expected, but I can tell you I was a little disappointed. I found out later that the fair was not promoted at all AND it was on the same day that a huge craft fair happens every year just a couple towns over. I sold two latte cozies, and 3 of my crocheted washcloths for a grand total of $19... I paid $20 for my table. I suppose craft fairs are pretty hit and miss. You never know if you'll sell or not. It seemed that most of the folks who did come were only there to browse. It probably didn't help that I was selling quilts, bags, and other more expensive items while being sandwiched between a lady selling $2 hair bows and another lady selling $6 fleece scarves.

I have also been rather discouraged by Etsy lately. Lizze and I have not had a sale in the shop for months. Yes, months. Since I'm still having to pay fees even though nothing is being sold, I decided to try opening a shop on Zibbet.com. They don't charge any fees if you stick with their basic seller program. I listed all the things I took to the craft fair including my newest creation, iPad sleeves. I have made a couple of these as custom orders already for devices other than iPads. They can be made for any tablet, laptop, or eReader out there. All I need to know are the measurements and your fabric choices.

Click the button below for a link to the new shop. I'd appreciate your feedback!


No comments:

Post a Comment