Friday, November 4, 2011

For the Love of...

My friend Sharon just started a new linky party, and I just had to join in. She was doing the Fave 5 Friday posts that I did for awhile, and this new one will be replacing it. As much as I loved doing Fave 5 Friday, I'm not very good at remembering to post on a certain day every week. With the new link party we have all weekend to link up, and there are themes! I'm especially excited about this!

This week's theme is home. Home is something that can be described in so many different ways and I'm interested to see what everyone posts for this theme.


Seattle is technically not my home. I live about 30 miles south. But I love Seattle. I love the feel of the city and all of the things there are to do and see. However, raising a family in a big city just isn't for me, hence, the suburbs.


This is a photo of the few fall colored trees I have in my yard. In western Washington we are more known for our evergreens (pine trees) which I LOATHE. Sap and pine needles are icky. I love these few lone trees that I get to watch change color.


A huge part of home for me revolves around food. I love to cook and we eat dinner at the table as a family every night. It's the one time of day where I know we will all be together and reconnect.


This is my home away from home in the summer.


And my favorite picture is this one. I asked my son to draw a picture of what home meant to him. This is our house with all 6 of us in it. And the dog. 


3 comments:

  1. What a great post! I love the drawing. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drawing just made my heart melt!
    ~ Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies. That drawing was so sweet I couldn't help but include it =)

    ReplyDelete