Friday, November 11, 2011

Mini Quilt Challenge

This weekend there is something exciting going on. A mini quilt challenge on amylouwho's blog! I REALLY love mini quilts! Something about the instant gratification (well, more instant than a bed quilt that is). I have been getting ready for a craft fair so I didn't have a lot of time to put together a new quilt for this challenge. I have several mini quilts that I have made recently though so I chose one of those.


I used the churn dash pattern for this mini quilt. The blocks are each 6 inches with a small border. The finished size is 15" x 15".


Funny thing is that I have no idea what fabrics were used for the pink, and the floral borders. I used scraps that I got from a friend and I loved how they all look togther. They grey print is Sunkissed by Sweetwater as is the binding.


For the backing I used a print from Tula Pink's Parisville line, another of my absolute favorites.


I chose to do very simple in-the-ditch quilting as to not distract from the blocks themselves.


I really love this mini quilt so much. It shows that a traditional block can be made to look modern and you can mix lines! Some people are afraid of mixing lines, I think, but you should have no fear!

Please hop over to the Mini Quilt Challenge and enter your own mini quilt. It's open all weekend and she has some really great prizes too. Thanks so much for visiting!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful mini! I really like the churn dash block and the colors/fabrics you used highlight it so nicely! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design and the fabric choice. The gray is perfect and really makes the bright fabrics pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Very colorful and cheerful looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Mini! I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete