Friday, September 2, 2011

Fave 5 Friday

I have been waiting to post this for several days since it has been quite an exciting week. But I ended up having some friends over for a BBQ tonight and the day got away from me so I'm posting at the last minute...

This week has included a birthday celebration, back to school, and first day of school ever for my baby boy! Also, I have a highly coveted, and somewhat hoarded stash of Parisville fabric that I finally cut into. I've taken a breather from the farmers wife blocks too, and this week I finally made 2 more.

Ben started kindergarten yesterday. He loved it. I, um... well. I didn't. Something about your kids going off to school for the first time and being more independent. It's a bittersweet experience.

Here's all my kids that morning headed out to catch the school bus. They were so excited. I'm glad to have kids who have a love of learning and can't wait for the school year to begin. My oldest is in 6th grade this year. Her last year in elementary school. Again, very bittersweet.

We also celebrated Ben's 6th birthday this week. He got a brand new, bright red bicycle. 

These are my farmer's wife blocks so far. I am behind, but will catch up soon (I hope). I made the two bottom right ones yesterday after a month or so of not making any at all.

Here is my prized stack of Parisville fat quarters. It hurt me to cut into them, but I am making something lovely which I can show you next Friday.


Now, I know it's fave 5 for just this week, and I've already posted 5 pictures. But I really feel compelled (because I love this boy so much and he's growing SO fast) to post some pictures I took from several months ago. I haven't found a reason to post them before, but with his first day of school and a birthday this week, I feel it's appropriate.




He will always be my baby, even when he's 50.


Be sure to visit Sharon's blog to see her Fave 5 for this week!

1 comment:

  1. What a big week for your family! And I love the extra pictures, I like sneaking in extras too. :)

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete