Monday, May 21, 2012

Out With the Old, In With the New


I've had this quilt for a long time. I made it around the beginning of 2011 and it has always been one of my favorite quilts. It has been sitting in my studio, awaiting the day it would be sent to a new home. Finally, last week, it sold. I was happy to have sold it, I mean that's why I made it. But it really was kind of a bittersweet moment wrapping it up and putting it in the box. The lady who bought it is giving it to her daughter-in-law who is a photographer. She plans to use it as a backdrop for her photos! So that's exciting!

Now that something old has gone, I have some new things to share as well.

Our neighborhood has a huge annual yard sale. It was absolutely the craziest thing I've ever seen. People were BBQ-ing, selling nachos, popcorn, drinks... It was like a 3 block long street fair. It was supposed to start at 8:00am and there were people here at 7:00am trying to go through our garage as we were setting up. You couldn't even drive down our street, it was so packed with cars. I went to one of the neighbors sales and saw a sewing table. You know, the kind that has the drop down shelf for your machine to sit on? I measured it, and measured my sewing space. I almost didn't go back but at the end of the day I went down and it was still there. I decided then that it was meant to be mine. I spoke to my neighbor who told me the table belonged to her mother and she also had a Bernina. I gave her $20 (that's right, I said $20) and took it home.



It is absolutely a perfect fit. It was made for my room! There is another drop down for a serger too, but since I don't have one my hubby is going to make a little piece to fit in there so it covers the hole and makes extra table surface.

Also, I've been making all kinds of little zipper pouches the last couple of days. I really like how they're turning out. I have a feeling these will be my go to gifts for Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. That really was a great find! Loving your pouches too. Now that you can do zippers, there will be no stopping the possibilities ;)

    ReplyDelete