Friday, May 4, 2012

A New Tie for a Handsome Guy

My son Ben is 6 years old. He is fascinated by men who wear suits and ties. Think Barney. If you watch 'How I Met Your Mother" you know what I'm talking about. (Not the giant purple dinosaur...) Anyway, I found a tutorial recently on how to make a tie for your little guy HERE. I let him choose the fabrics he wanted - he chose 5. I said "do you want a patchwork tie?" and he said "no. I want 5 ties." Okay then. Lemme see if I can figure out how to make just one first.

I printed out the free PDF pattern (it's 3 pages, but only a few lines per page so it's super light on ink usage) and got the fabric ready. Within literally 30 minutes, I had this:

The hardest part was turning it right side out. That took a good 7 minutes and a few swear words.

I then attached the strap with velcro to go around his neck by tying the tie  around it. When he got home from school he was SO excited to try it on. He does look pretty handsome, if I do say so myself =)


No comments:

Post a Comment