Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Okay folks, this is my very first time participating in WIP Wednesday. I have a ton of projects going on. Some you may have seen and others you haven't.

First of all, I have my Farmer's Wife blocks 1-10 complete. Excuse my crummy camera phone photos. I was in a hurry to post this before I forgot to do it!

These blocks have really been a lot of fun so far, and a couple of them have been pretty challenging for me. Which is nice because that's why I joined the QAL in the first place.

I have also started doing the quilting on my camping quilt. I can't wait to have it finished and snuggle up with it around a campfire!

Lizze made me a darling zipper pouch and filled it with paper pieces for making hexagons. I am really into handwork lately and love having something I can take with me. I love these hexies so much, that I'm thinking of making my scrap vomit quilt out of them. That will be another long term project, for sure.

I have been wanting to make a king sized quilt for my bed for some time, but projects for myself often get pushed to the side. I plan to finally start working on my quilt sometime this summer. I have had 2 jelly rolls of Martinique by 3 sisters for over a year and it's about time I get to work. I have a pattern in mind, but am open to suggestions.

And the very last thing are these lovely half yards of Plume by Tula Pink. I got them for Lizze for her birthday (which was yesterday). And gave them to her, and she immediately gave them back. Apparently, if you sew, you should MAKE a present for your friends, not give them fabric to make their own. Ha! I have something in mind for these, but I need to get some yardage of some Kona solids.

I hope I did okay showing all of my WIP's for this Wednesday. It feels good to talk about them. I now have some accountability to finish them up!

Head over to the Freshly Pieced Blog to see all of the others linked up for WIP Wednesday. Some of my friends are hanging out over there. Go say hi!

Selina

5 comments:

  1. your Farmer's wife blocks are very pretty - looks like you've got alot of great things in the works :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite nice things in the works.. the hexies can be addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your FWQA blocks! I look forward to seeing what you create with the hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! And yes, the hexies are definitely addicting. Thank you for the compliments on the Farmer's wife blocks too. I really have enjoyed making them. I hope I don't fizzle out because I'm planning on the king size!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have some great projects on the go.
    Love your piles of hexies, I've recently started making them too.

    ReplyDelete