Saturday, June 11, 2011

Exhausted

I have been so busy lately. I'm starting to feel a tad bit overwhelmed. Part of my obligations are self-induced, but others are just day-to-day life.

As far as quilting goes, I have just completed my 2nd sample for the shop, and I got the fabrics and pattern for the project I'm teaching. Maybe that's why I'm stressing. I'm teaching my first ever quilting class on Tuesday and I didn't even see the pattern until yesterday. I have to have a finished sample to bring in on Tuesday. So here's my schedule from now until then:

Friday: Drove to West Seattle to pick up fabrics and pattern. Went home, cut fabrics, and finished the top.



Saturday: Work at crappy fast food hole from 9am until 3pm. Go home and make the 'quilt sandwich'. Start quilting. Wait... My coordinating thread is all gone. Shit. Make dinner for the kids and get a huge headache instead.

Sunday: Go to JoAnn's and pick up new thread. Try to finish quilting by 5pm. Load up the kids and go to a BBQ.

Monday: Finish quilting (since I know I didn't finish it on Sunday), attach binding to the front, hand stitch to the back.

Tuesday: Work from 9am to 4pm. Drive to West Seattle with sample and sewing machine in tow, meet a bunch of strangers and teach them to quilt while I smell of fried food.

The pattern is super simple. And it is just a table runner. Thank goodness for that! If it was an entire quilt, I'd be in trouble. But there was one thing about this week that I thought was really great.

There's my little birdie quilt hanging on the wall of a real fabric store. That's pretty exciting, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment