Monday, June 20, 2011

A Day Late

My kids have a great dad. He's really not home all that much. I know it isn't because he doesn't love us. Quite the contrary, actually. He works long hours, at a less than glamorous job to provide a great life for our family. He sacrifices time with us to make sure that our children have never had to spend one day in daycare. We struggle to make ends meet sometimes, but we have always come out ahead (or at least breaking even). It is rough right now, but I know that things will get better soon and we'll continue to be a couple who is there for each other through good times and bad.

I love this man with all my heart, and I am so glad that I have him by my side. Granted, sometimes I feel very alone when he isn't here. But he more than makes up for it when he is home. He spends time with us, helps around the house, and will occasionally even cook a meal or two.

Happy (late) Father's Day to my wonderful husband. I love you. Thank you being the greatest dad I have ever met.

1 comment: