Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Settling In

We moved into our new home 3 weeks ago and we are settling in very well. It has been so great to spend time with friends and family. I have gotten to spend a lot more time with my husband too, since he isn't spending 2 hours a day commuting. His work is now less than 10 minutes from our house. The sun shines here, even when it's cold. The sky is a color of blue I haven't seen in a very long time.

This was the weather on moving day. If I ever move again, will someone please remind me that winter is not a good time to do it?

The kids and the dog were pretty cozy in the car though. The bad weather didn't seem to bother them too much. Of course, they just had to ride along.

It took a few hours to get over the mountains and into central Washington. When we left Puyallup the skies were grey and dreary. As soon as we got over the pass, the sky became blue and there was a huge bright ball of light in the sky.

This is what the sky looks like everyday where we live now. It was the kids' first day of school here and there was a rainbow! Can you spot it? Can you spot the cute little boy too?

My favorite room in the new house is the living room. It is so bright and cozy. I love sitting on the couch in the morning with my coffee.


There really has been a lot to do here so I need to get back on a blogging schedule. I have been sewing so much! My new sewing room/closet has been getting quite a bit of use. Everything is organized and has it's place. It kind of has to be that way when you have a smaller space. But it makes it more enjoyable to sew because I'm not spending half an hour looking for a specific fabric or a pair of scissors before I can start making something. I share my sewing space with my clothes and that's okay because I don't have many of those.


The next post will be FULL of tons of sewing and knitting stuff! I promise! No more talk about moving. Let's get back to the making =)

4 comments:

  1. 1. My future son in law does look adorable
    2. You have a sectional, must tell you about my quest for a sectional
    3. So thrilled for you and Kevin
    4. YOU SURVIVED THETIME APART ANDTHE MOVE AND YOU ARE SANE
    5. No 5, but seems odd to end on 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my sectional! It's a pull out bed too (Ikea). As for #4, Kevin may argue with you about the "sane" part, but I was that way before the move ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy you are all safely moved in! I'd say more but Crazy Spice up there said enough for all of us ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baaahahahahaha!!! Crazy Spice... That's hilarious =)

      Delete