Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gettin' my Swoon on

I have had the Swoon quilt pattern by Camille Roskelley for a long time. I have been rather intimidated by it, but I finally gave into the Swoon.

A Flickr group was started awhile back for a Swoon-a-long by the lovely Miss Katy. Seeing all of the finished blocks and beautiful quilts gave me the push I needed to get started. I have a big empty wall over my stairs and I thought a smaller version of the Swoon in bright, happy colors would look great there. This pattern is great because it gives you the number of pieces you need for just one block. Most quilt patterns just say to "cut _ pieces of color #1" etc... to make the whole quilt.

I got out a couple of fat quarters and decided to make a practice block first just to see if I could do it without too much frustration. After a few hours (yes, it took me that long) I had this beautiful block: 

It was time consuming, and I did get confused quite often with the color 1 and color 2. But that was my fault for not paying close enough attention. This block is huge. Each one measures 24" square. I'm going to use this practice block as a mini quilt.

I gathered together my bright, cheerful fabrics and I'm all ready to go!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty! I was given the Swoon pattern yesterday and think I might use my bundle of Terrain for a quilt for me finally. Wonder how long it will take? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering when you were going to use your Terrain bundle! It will look so pretty, but yes, it may take you awhile. Have patience when making your blocks =)

      Delete
  2. This will be so lovely in the Meadowsweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're a nice size for a doll quilt.

    ReplyDelete