Thursday, March 8, 2012

Making

This post will be a bit picture heavy, as I have been sewing quite a bit, but not blogging. I'll just show you what I've been working on with a little caption under each photo. Deal?

This is a mini quilt I made for Lizze for Christmas. I used Parisville fabric in a Dresden plate pattern.

A Kindle cover I made for the shop, but I fell in love with it, so it's now mine.

Here's a few more Kindle covers. These ones actually will end up in the shop eventually.


And two custom Kindle covers I made for my friend Christine's mom. She chose these fabrics from what I had on hand.

This is the pincushion (plus a few extra goodies) I sent to my partner for a swap. I got mine in the mail a few days ago, along with another pincushion for a swap I did with Lizze. I'm saving those for their own post though. I'll show you soon!

I loved the cathedral window pinnie I made for my partner so I decided to make one for me.

I have wanted to knit socks for a long time. I found this gorgeous sock yarn at a local yarn shop here and couldn't resist.

Since I had never made socks before, I decided to try with a cheapy yarn for practice.

This is my sock progress so far. It's slow going because I have so much to do lately, but hopefully I'll have a pair to wear very soon.

7 comments:

  1. Love those pincushions, they are so cool!!! And the Kindle covers are great too, I need to have you make one for my iPad!!! And don't forget the makeup bags:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pinnies too! Awesome job! And oh how I adore Dresden plates, its on my to do list. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow You have been busy! I really like your Dresden Plate and the Pin Cushions! Wonderful colors and ideas.! Thanks for sharing... Good luck with those socks...look to see them in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you're a busy gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pincushion is awesome...and, ooh, that yarn is fabulous! I haven't tried socks yet, but slowly working up courage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that pincushion rocks! Both cathedral windows and dresden plates are on my 'Must Try' list. You do good work, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm headed to the store today to grab some buttons/pins for my first cathedral window pinnie! Thank you so much for linking to the tute. Going to make one as a gift for a good sewing friend :-)

    ReplyDelete