Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tardis Awesomeness!

My youngest daughter loves Dr. Who. If you have no idea who I am talking about, look it up! I won't go into details but it's a sci-fi show on BBC that has been on for 50 years and it's really great. Anyway, my daughter had a birthday last weekend and she got some cash. Reading is one of her favorite things to do so she made the decision to purchase a Kindle with her birthday money.

Being the super mom that I am, I told her I'd make her a new sleeve to keep her Kindle in. Of course I knew it had to be Dr. Who themed!

I happened to have some Lizzy House Constellations fabric (because why would you not have it?!) and some Robert Kaufman Kona cotton in Royal Blue - which just so happens to be a great color to make a TARDIS.

If you are not familiar with the show, the TARDIS (which stands for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space) is Dr. Who's time traveling machine. It's basically a blue phone booth that travels through outer space, and time.

 Here is the front of the finished sleeve. I made up the pattern as I went along. She loves how it turned out.
 This is the back of the sleeve. The Constellations fabric was pretty much perfect for this project.
 One last photo with the flap snapped in place. I'm so happy with this sleeve, I think it's my favorite one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment