Friday, January 10, 2014

Egg Surprise


I trusted my daughter when she said "no, mom. The chickens haven't been laying ANY eggs!" Part of her daily chores include letting the hens out every morning and checking the coop for new eggs. It is our first winter with the hens and I have heard that they don't lay much at all when it's cold. So I believed that maybe it had just been too cold for them to produce. I got up early one morning last week so I decided to let them out and let my daughter sleep in. When I looked in the coop... 16 EGGS!!! And two of them are so big that I think they might have baby dinosaurs in them...


Since that day they have continued laying about 2-3 eggs every day. Tomorrow is Saturday so maybe we'll have omelets for breakfast. Goodness knows we have plenty of eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment