Thursday, May 9, 2013

Super Tote!!! (and a new-ish wallet)

I have a pattern crush on anything Anna makes. Seriously. I have purchased 4 of her patterns now and I have yet to be disappointed. Or confused. I hate when I buy a pattern but I can't figure out what the instructions are telling me what to do. She has the BEST instructions. Plus, she's super friendly so you don't feel weird asking a question if you have one. I frequently feel like a weirdo, so it's cool to change things up a bit.

You may be wondering who the heck Anna is. She is a pattern designer, blogger, sewist extraordinaire... and she can be found at Noodlehead! Her patterns are seriously great.You may remember the 241 tote I made last year that I wrote about here. (After looking for that post, I realized I never did take more photos of this bag! Ack!!! I'll have to remedy that!)

The other day I purchased her newly released Super Tote Pattern. I am notorious for carrying around a TON of stuff I don't actually need to take everywhere I go. But hey, just in case I might need it, right? This bag really lives up to it's name. It is super! Super HUGE!!! (I know there's a "that's what she said" in there somewhere...)

 Anyway, this is my finished Super Tote. Tada! The pattern calls for piping along the edge of the outside pocket, but it was 11:00 at night and piping sounded like a bad idea at the time. Instead, I just made a little binding for the top edge and called it good.

 I love the gussets on the sides of this bag. I was a little afraid to do it with linen because it tends to be pretty shifty. But Anna suggested using Pellon Shape Flex interfacing for this project. After getting that on the linen, I had no problem whatsoever.

 I was being lazy and just used velcro for the closure on the front pocket. I have plenty of magnetic snaps, but again, 11:00 at night...

 Here's another gusset shot. Love these! They make the whole bag come together.

 And my recessed zipper. I was a little afraid of this part (as I usually am when it's time to put in a zipper) but it really was easy.

 The pattern calls for elastic pockets on both sides, but I opted to just make one with elastic and the other pocket is just a regular pocket. I like a smaller, less deep pocket for all of my 126 tubes of lip balm (I mean, really? Why do I have such an obsession with lip balm?!). And my cell phone. You can see here what I mean about all the stuff. My planner, wallet, 84 pens (in the elastic pocket), earbuds, and 2 bibles... why 2? No idea. Sometimes I like the newer pretty pink one, and sometimes I like the old, worn, slightly beat up one.

After showing you my bag, I realized I never did a post on the Have It All Wallet I made. I love this wallet so much!!! This pattern was really easy to follow as well, and I purchased it from Straight Stitch Society. They have some other uber cute patterns as well.

I used my one single fat quarter that I own of Echino fabric. And it turned out upside down. I still love it though.

 Room for all my cards

 Checkbook, coupons, and loyalty/punch cards

And my money would go here if I had any. Sad face.


2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha - That's what she said! Your post cracked me up :) I love the fabric for your tote and am super impressed with your recessed zipper. That's on my list of 'Must-Do Tries'. Awesome wallet too. I've made so many but haven't been 100% satisfied with any - maybe I should check out that pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so so much for your kind words. So happy you enjoyed the pattern. :) And I love yours!!!! Great job and beautiful fabrics!! :)

    ReplyDelete