Friday, May 3, 2013

Another Move

It's been quiet on the blog lately and I have good reason. We have moved to a new home, and hopefully we won't have to do it ever again. My little house just got littler, but it is really perfect for our family. I know living in the country isn't for everyone. Some people need a place to get a latte everyday and don't want to drive 30 minutes to get it. Living out here, I have to make decisions about what I need and what I don't. It has been great for us because it forces me to really and truly *need* something before I'll make the trip into town to get it. I spend much less money, and contrary to popular belief, much less time in the car. I am a home body anyway so spending more time at home has been much more relaxing for me and I really enjoy it.


This is my new backyard. I spend a considerable amount of time out here. There is a lot of yard and I always seem to find things that need to be done. There's a lot of watering, weeding, and mowing going on. Eventually I plan to have a huge garden, but that will probably have to wait until next year.



Kevin has been enjoying the extra outdoor work. He really loves finding new things to attach to his lawnmower and drag around the lawn.



My front yard is my favorite spot. I love sitting on the porch listening to the birds. My view isn't too shabby either. We're surrounded by orchards that will soon be teeming with apples, pears, and cherries.


We recently got four baby chicks. I can't wait for fresh eggs from these girls. And they lay blue and green ones!


I never thought I'd hear myself say "get the chicken off the table!" but hey, I guess that's life on a mini farm for you.


 Ben loves his chick. Her name is Peanut Butter but he just calls her peanut. They have become quick friends.

I haven't been sewing much, but I do have a space set up and it looks very similar to the setup I had at our old house. Except now I'm not stuffed in a closet. My sewing space is in a corner of the family room so I can still be a part of what everyone else is doing.







I have my cutting table and all my fabric set up in the furnace room. I can go in there, make a mess, and shut the door :) Plus, I have a door in there that leads to the outside. I love opening it and getting some fresh air while I'm cutting fabric.

So while I have been too busy to do much of anything except organize things and work on the yard, it has been a much needed break. Now I'm ready to get back into sewing and hopefully I will have some new stuff listed soon.


















1 comment:

  1. What an awesome piece of land! And I love the photo of Ben and Peanut :) Can't say I blame you for wanting to be outside. You live in such a beautiful state!

    ReplyDelete