Friday, August 10, 2012

Summer Fun!

For our family, summer is a time of relaxing and spending time with loved ones. When the kids are teenagers I'm sure they won't enjoy family time quite as much so I have to take it while I can! This summer we have had MANY adventures (which is why my blog has been so quiet lately). My kids have been to Idaho, Oregon - twice, and to the lake many times. Also... BBQ's and parties galore!

Camping trip to Soda Springs

Sara and I at a barn party/Alice's birthday

Canoeing at Moses Lake

Me in my "mothership"


Playing at the campgrounds

And a really cool trick for making omlettes that I learned from my sister-in-law! These are great for camping. Slice up your veggies and meat (I used mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, and ham). Write your name on a quart sized freezer ziploc bag using a sharpie. Put all your omlette ingredients in the bag, then crack desired amount of eggs in to bag. Squeeze the air out and seal the bag. Squish all the ingredients together and then set your bag in a pot of boiling water. The more eggs you use, the more time it takes to cook, but ours took about 15 minutes. Omlettes for everyone, just the way they like them! We also set out toppings like cheese, sour cream, and salsa. Yum!


I could have shared a ton more photos with you, but you get the idea. We've been keeping busy and having fun. The summer comes to an end with the start of school on August 28th so we are trying to cram as much in as possible.  I have actually had some time to begin sewing again a bit - and I have pictures to prove it! Come back tomorrow and I'll share what I've been working on.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool way to make camping omelettes! :)

    Looks like you've had a great summer. Enjoy the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea for the omelets!! You guys look like you're having the best summer :)

    ReplyDelete