Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Day Late

I know in my last blog post I told you to check back the next day (yesterday) to see what I've been working on lately. The post is a day late though because I got a bit distracted by being offered a JOB!!! A job I didn't even apply for, and the best part? It will be the first job I've ever had that didn't require a food handlers permit =/ I'll have a desk and everything. Plus, no customer service. So that's a definite plus. ANYWAY... on to the actual post =)

First up is my Pay It Forward gift for Christine. I have made several things for her already, so I wasn't sure what to send her for this. I decided on a ruffle clutch and I really hope she likes it. If not, she has an adorable little girl who might like it for dress-up =)

Here's a picture of the inside. I like the little pocket and I'm thinking I might make one for myself.



A friend of mine is having a birthday soon. She loves comic book characters, especially Wonder Woman. I made another version of this clutch using a fabric with Super Women on it. This time I made it without the ruffle, as this friend is slightly less "girly"...


Without the ruffles or the wrist strap, I think it makes a great oversized wallet.



My dear friend, Lizze, and I have a monthly swap that we do together. Up until last month we have both been really good about getting our stuff done and sent off. July was a little crazy for us both though and I didn't get my swap item out in time. We decided on swapping pillow covers and I though a Swoon block would make an awesome pillow.

Here's what I came up with. I never did get a picture of the finished pillow cover, but I quilted it and used a black Kona on the back. I also made her a little zipper bag and a set of 3 magnets for a belated birthday gift, which I did not get a picture of.


I have been having a hard time keeping up with sewing obligations lately and I wonder how I'll ever keep up working full time outside the home. I will just have to say no to swaps, I suppose, and sew for the shop or myself when I have spare time. How do you juggle work, kids, housework, and sewing?!?!


1 comment:

  1. Great clutch(es)! Love Wonder Woman :) The way I juggle sewing with responsibilities is by skipping the housework sometimes and staying up late. Maybe not the best way but it works. I'd rather be a little tired than not sew/craft. However, I don't have any human children so that makes things a bit easier.

    ReplyDelete