Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Favorite Room

I'm linking up with my friend Sharon's blog for her weekly "For the Love of" post. I missed out last week because the topic was books. I love books, a whole lot. And I have massive amounts of them. But unfortunately they are all packed away in boxes buried beneath other boxes in the garage of my new house, in which I am not currently living.

Which brings me to the topic for this week... My Favorite Room. I was at the new house not too long ago and I thought to take a few snapshots while I was there. I really do love it and am very excited to finally be living there a week from today! Can you believe it? You're probably relieved because very soon you will no longer have to hear me talk about it =)

Anyway, here is a peek of our new digs:

Isn't it cute? I normally can't stand split level homes, but I actually like this one. Plus, the exposed brick kinda does something for me. Now as I'm sure you could guess, my favorite room in the entire house would be my sewing room. Of course. Although it isn't as much a room as it is a closet. My bedroom has a walk-in closet (never had one of those before!) and I don't have nearly enough clothes to fill it. So my clothes live on one little hanging rod and the rest is for sewing!

It's not all set up yet but it has a big window that lets in lots of natural light which I love:

And there is just enough room on the far wall to set up a table for my sewing machine:

I plan to have that wall covered in mini quilts soon. I hope you have enjoyed the little peek into my home. I'll definitely be posting some more pictures once we get moved and settled in.

If you have a favorite room of your own, hop over to Sharon's blog and join in on the party.




Ooh, and in case you're wondering, I finished the kids quilts today! Bet you can't guess what my next blog post will be about...


12 comments:

  1. You have a window!! That makes it like a mini room and not a closet! So happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the window. Makes it so nice and cozy in there.

      Delete
  2. What a nice house! Im excited for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great house! I would kill to have that much light coming into my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited for that. I've been sewing in a dark dingy basement for 7 years! It was huge but kind of a depressing place to hang out.

      Delete
  4. Just to have your own space for sewing is great! On my wish list! The house looks nice too! I hope you are very happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a BIG closet!! No wonder it's becoming a sewing room. Enjoy & good luck!!! And thanks for linking up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. NICE- I'm so excited for you! I agree, with a window it's a mini-room :)

    ReplyDelete