Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dessert of the Month

No, I'm not getting delicious fattening chocolatey goodness delivered to my door every month (although that does sound like a pretty great idea). I signed up for the Dessert of the Month cross stitch sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. Every month I get a PDF cross stitch pattern sent directly to my inbox. The first month was a darling little truffle. And this month it's a devil's food cupcake! I know it's only been 2 months so far, but I am really loving this. I don't see the novelty wearing off anytime soon.

Here's my sweet little truffle. I still have to stitch the month names below them, but I plan to finish that part in the next few days.

And here's my devil cupcake. I love this little guy! As soon as I saw the pattern I knew I had to get started right away. We get the patterns on the first of the month and it is now the second... so, you can see how excited I was to stitch him up.

As for progress on the kids quilts, I have 2 completely quilted (still waiting for binding to be attached), one is pin basted and ready to be quilted, and the other one is still just a top. I have 2 weeks to finish them up so I may end up machine stitching the binding. It's definitely not my favorite method, but I don't think I'll have to time to hand stitch all four of them. Good thing I got the cross stitching out of the way for another month!

No comments:

Post a Comment