Sunday, August 14, 2011

Road Trip!

A couple years ago we had a few family members pack up and move to Meridian, Idaho. As much as I miss getting to spend lots of time with them, I now have a reason to visit a gorgeous state every summer! They moved to a huge home on 10 acres. There are chickens, goats, and a swimming pool with a diving board (that's the kids favorite thing). The big red barn with the rope swing is a pretty big deal too.

Meridian is a small town just outside of Boise. It's a beautiful little town. Not only did we hang out next to the pool while listening to the animals making all their cute animal-ly noises, but we also went to a great outdoor urban market, and my most favorite frozen yogurt shop, Yoyo's.
The balloon lady at the urban market made really awesome balloon animals for all the kids, but she really went all out for Ben. He got a sword, belt, and a hat! He was pretty excited about that.
This was my frozen yogurt from Yoyo's. So good. Coconut frozen yogurt, with graham cracker crumbs, shredded coconut, and sliced almonds. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

While we were there, we also had a birthday party. They have a Boxer named Ella and she happened to turn 3 years old while we were there. We decided to celebrate and the kids made some of the most awesome cupcakes I have ever seen.
Bijou got to wear a birthday party hat too. Her and Ella became the best of friends during our visit.
I brought my hexagons to sew while I was there, but we were so busy having fun, that I didn't get any done.

I haven't been to any other town in Idaho, but I have heard that it is all just as beautiful. I would love to have the chance to explore more of it someday. If it wasn't such a long drive, I'd visit so much more often. There's also a pretty big bridge to cross from Washington into Oregon and that freaks me out a lot. But seeing sunsets like this make the drive totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment