Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pillow Pop - Project #1 finished!

Amanda from Little Treasures by Amanda started a sew-a-long for the Misfit Quilters. She chose the Pillow Pop book by Heather Bostic. I purchased my copy from Amazon and I love all the projects in it!


She chose the first pillow is called "Life Aquatic" designed by Heather Bostic. (All the pillow designs in this book are not by Heather. It is a compilation of projects from many wonderful designers.) Heather's pillow was made with aqua and orange fabric scraps. Originally, I planned to make mine using a different color scheme, but when I went through my scraps I realized something. I think aqua just might be my favorite color. My blue bin of scraps was overflowing. Literally. So I decided to throw caution to the wind and just copy everything Heather did. No shame, right?


Here is my pillow top after I sewed all the squares together. I wasn't really sure about it at this point but I continued on. After I had the top quilted and it was assembled with the back I really loved it! It's funny how a little simple quilting can change something entirely.


This is my finished pillow. It now lives on my couch and has already been used in a few pillow fights and licked by my dog.

Next month (which is actually tomorrow, I guess. What happened to February?!?!) we will be starting a pillow designed by Katy Jones, who makes super awesome stuff! Want to join in our projects? It's not too late. You can join in anytime. We'd love to see your finished pillows!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I'm going to try to join in the next one since I have two 20x20 pillows I need to make...

    ReplyDelete