Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hoopty Hoop!

For those of you that read my blog regularly, you know I took part in a hoop swap with our misfits group a few months ago. I waited and waited for my hoop to show and I began to give up hope that it was coming. I heard it had been sent, so I feared it was perhaps lost in the mail.

Over the kids winter break from school we went out of town for two weeks to visit with friends and family. We didn't get home until after the New Year, and imagine my surprise when I came home to an unexpected package! I opened the envelope from Tasmania (that's right, I said Tasmania), and inside I found a bunch of awesome goodies!





A DVD to teach me needleturn applique (which, to be honest, has scared me for the longest time), an adorable little stitch pattern, a book of crochet flowers and embellishments, AND... the most gorgeous hoop EVER!!!


There are thousands of tiny french knots that match perfectly with the polka dots on the fabric to form a beautiful and subtle letter 'S'.

This lovely hoop was made by Belinda Shreeve (@AusBelle on twitter) and I just love it. It was definitely worth the wait. Our family plans to move soon so I will have a new space for sewing - even if it is just a corner of a room somewhere. I plan to hang this hoop there to make it feel more like home.

Thank you so much Belinda. It is perfect!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry it was so late. Couple of life things got in the way, but I'm glad it got to you eventually! Hope you enjoy it. xox Belle

    ReplyDelete